Friday 27 April 2012

A new life begins


On the whole things have been a bit quiet on this blog for a while now - largely due to the huge changes that Liz and I have been through over the last few months: Leaving our house and friends in Bristol, Liz leaving her job and starting to look for a new one in London, me leaving South Wales Baptist College and starting at Bloomsbury Central Baptist Church in London.

But we're here, were in, and I'm already at the end of week 1. The books are unpacked and my study is up and running, Sunday's sermon is in the bag, and I've even worked out where the toilets are.

I can see why people say that moving house and job is one of the more stressful things in life, even when you're as sure as you can be that it's the 'right' thing to do.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing some old friends next weekend here in London for the Baptist Assembly - it's not too late to book to come, but our house is now officially full for the weekend, so you'll need to find your own accommodation!

p.s. in the photo above, my study is the two small windows in the tower to the left of the rose window.

No comments: